Canfornav Inc. and its affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, “Canfornav”, “We”, “Us”) are committed to safeguarding any personal information you convey to us, including via our websites (including Canfornav.com), and other versions of the website located at URLs that point to the domain name Canfornav.com (collectively, the “Site”). In line with this commitment, the following is a description of Canfornav’s security measures, its policies regarding the nature of personal information gathered, its reasons for gathering such information, and the use made of such information. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
2. Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you when you use our Site. We may also collect your personal information from third parties to whom you have provided it.
Personal information is information that is personally identifiable to you. Personal information may include your full name, age, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, credit and debit card information, as well as demographic information, preferences and settings. Personal information does not include aggregate information, such as information that is anonymous or used in a collective manner, where no single person can be identified.
We may use your personal information to:
· Send you requested service information
· Process your requests and submissions
· Improve your online experience
· Respond to customer service requests
· Communicate with you about our services
· Improve our customer service
· Help us develop and improve our Site and tailor it to your interests
· Respond to your questions and concerns
· Comply with legal and governmental requirements
· Create aggregate information
· Achieve any other purposes as may be permitted by law from time to time
· Protect you and us from error and fraud
· Improve our Site and other marketing efforts
You may refuse to provide or withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, unless legal reasons prevent you from doing so. However, if you refuse to provide or you withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide you with certain services, including access to the Site. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of the personal information we conducted prior to your withdrawal.
From time to time, we may wish to use your personal information for new or additional purposes. We will obtain your consent to use your personal information for such new or additional purposes before doing so.
3. Information Sharing
- Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as operating our Site, offering customer service, better understanding our Site visitors and otherwise providing services to Site visitors. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to persons or entities outside Canada in the event of a crisis or emergency relating to Canada, the Internet, telecommunications, Canfornav or the servers where your personal information is usually stored in Canada.
- Legal Disclaimer. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- in order to co-operate with local, provincial, national and international authorities investigating improper or unlawful activities or to report improper or unlawful activities;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and
- if Canfornav is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. In any event, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any third party that acquires all or substantially all of Canfornav’s business or its online commerce operations or the Site.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
4. User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, delete or amend it by emailing our customer support at Contact Us.
We will respond in a reasonable time to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures. We will investigate and respond to any concern you have regarding the handling of your personal information.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Canfornav as well as analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and otherwise on the Internet, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Analytics / Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. It may be possible for third parties to overhear, see, intercept or access private communications or transmissions unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can Contact Us.
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children’s use of the Internet, including our Site. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use this Site or provide us with any personal information without the consent and supervision of their authorized guardian.
8. Additional Information
Links to Third Party Sites. The Site features various links to other websites. By clicking on one of these links, you leave the Site. Canfornav does not have any control over the operations of these other websites or their content, and the presence of links on the Site in no way implies any responsibility on the part of Canfornav. Any personal information you transmit through these third party websites is subject to the policies of these particular websites with regards to the treatment of personal information. As such, we suggest that you pay close attention to these websites’ policies regarding personal information.
9. Law and Jurisdiction